Avoid the Scammers .... do your research
Sadly we are hearing from, and having to help out, more and more couples who have been scammed or let down by their wedding car company right at the last minute"
Here are our top 10 tips to help you find and book a legitimate and trustworthy company
1. Check out their recent reviews on their social media page, if there are no recent ones, be cautious and do some more investigating.
2. Look on Trustpilot to see if they are registered and have any verified reviews, most of the top companies will be on there.
3. Ask for recommendations from friends and family and other wedding suppliers (the wedding supplier community is a close one and always willing to recommend a trusted local company).
4. Look for a company that has a website as well as a social media presence. Websites take time, effort and money and are a good indicator that they are serious about their company and are intending to be around for some time. Given that you will be booking your car 12+ months in advance this is a must.
5. Make an appointment to see the vehicles, to check that they own the ones they are promoting and to check the condition of the vehicles, to ensure they are well looked after and maintained.
6. If the price you are quoted seems to good to be true, it probably is. Buying, insuring and maintaining wedding cars is expensive, if the price is too low, listen to those alarm bells and steer clear.
7. Be careful when considering small 1 car companies, they will have limited experience and no back up vehicles if they encounter any mechanical problems. These type of wedding car companies come and go as weddings are done for pleasure or to cover the costs of running the vehicle, rather than running it as a full time business.
8. Never pay the full amount up front, most reputable companies will only ask for a deposit usually £50 - £100, the remainder is not normally required until 1 - 2 months before your wedding date,
9. Check their terms and conditions and/or their contract to ensure you have transparency of the service you can expect to receive and what they will do in the event of unexpected issues e.g. vehicle breakdown etc
10. Check if they have specialized wedding car insurance and public liability insurance, don't be afraid to ask to see it rather than just take their word for it.
Your wedding is a once in a lifetime experience and there are soo many professional and reputable companies available that provide an amazing service. Take the time to do a little research to ensure you find one of these fabulous companies, so your wedding day is memorable for all the right reasons !